At the 2015 Fall Meeting, it was suggested that the bylaws may need adjustments to ensure that the AAC is authorized to advise on programs other than the undergraduate GISc Program. After some study, I suggest the following changes to the bylaws may be appropriate.
- All references to “GISc program” shall be changed to “GISc Program” (simple capitalization change).
- All appropriate references to “program” shall be changed to Program (simple capitalization change).
- Section 1.02, Item 3 – The definition of “GISc program” shall be amended to read as follows:
program – TAMU-CC Geographic Information Science programAny TAMU-CC degree program relating to the Geographic Information Sciences for which the University seeks advisement.
- Section 1.02 – Definitions, in the definition of GIS, strike everything after the word Systems [the two career paths have been eliminated] [and add something about computer systems?]
- Section 1.03 – Scope, in item number 1, strike “overall” and change “degree plan” to “degree plans” (plural).
- In Section 2.01 – Structure and Qualifications of Members, strike the words “the undergraduate program” near the end of the second sentence and replace them with “any GISc Program for which the University seeks advisement”.
Please post any other suggested adjustments in the comment form below, and feel free to post any other comments you may have. We will discuss this during the early meeting and decide whether we should place it (and where) on the formal agenda or table it for the next meeting.